Sunday Business Post- IMI Scholarship 2014 for MSc. in Management Practice
The Sunday Business Post and IMI are offering ONE full scholarship on the MSc. in Management Practice. The programme starts on 30th October 2014. For more details on the programme, click here.
Scholarship Entry Criteria:
The SBP scholarship is open to any eligible applicant for the MSc in Management Practice which are as follows:
- Have a University degree (any discipline) or a professional qualification. Applications are also invited from mature non graduates with significant management experience.
- Have a number of years experience as a senior manager (and are now CEO, Director or Senior Manager).
- Satisfy IMI as to their general suitability and ability to deal with the work requirements of such a programme.
- You must also comply fully with the conditions as laid out in the terms and conditions available on this webpage. It is essential that you familiarise yourself fully with these terms and conditions prior to completing your application.
1. Check if you are suitable for the programme, before applying for the scholarship.
2. Download Application Form here
3. Complete application with the 750 word submission for Scholarship, outlining a key strategic organisational challenge which you would address through the action learning /research approach of the Masters in Management Practice
Applicants should outline the following in their submission:
- The organisation environment
- The nature of the challenge
- The nature of their role
- Their potential role as a change agent
- The anticipated benefits of participation for both the organisation and themselves
4. Send completed application form via email to email@example.com with ‘SBP-IMI Scholarship 2014′ as the subject line. Any queries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our freefone 1800 22 33 88.
The shortlisted applicants will then be required to come for a short interview with the Programme Director and a panel at the IMI in Sandyford, Dublin. Each applicant will attend one interview with an IMI panel lasting approximately 30 to 45 minutes. If a short listed candidate is not available for interview then they will be removed from the shortlist and replaced.
Closing date for applications is 24th June 2014.
No Scholarship Applications will be entertained after this date. You can still apply for the programme.
The key objective of this programme is to bring senior leaders through a real time personal and organisational development centred on their own job and organisation. The hallmark of the programme is the authenticity which comes from its practical action oriented nature. Thus both the organisation and the individual benefit.
The change initiative forms the basis for the thesis selected by each participant and they are supported by a tutor. While the theme is an individual choice, they will typically focus on strategic change, organisational structure, or organisational process change.
Previous thesis topics have included:
- The manager of a healthcare multinational’s Irish manufacturing subsidiary takes action to reposition the plant to become the centre for global manufacturing and technology development.
- The deputy CEO of a major semi state organisation develops an approach by which the top management process can be improved by a commitment to structured and systematic learning.
- The principal of a B2B start up business attracts funding, launches the venture and manages it through early start up stages.
Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship is for the 2014-2016 programme run and will commence on 30th October.
- Dates may be subject to change and if the programme is cancelled, the value of the scholarship will be transferable to another IMI Masters level programme
- Failure to comply with the stated deadlines will result in automatic disqualification. The Scholarship is open to residents of Ireland except employees of the Irish Management Institute (“IMI”), their associated affiliated or subsidiary organisations, their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this Scholarship.
- Any submission which runs to over 750 words in length will be automatically disqualified from the competition. Short listed applicants who are not contactable via the phone and/or email addresses which are indicated on their application Form will be automatically disqualified from the competition. NO additional documentation other than the Application Form and and the 750 word (max) Business Case should be submitted. No additional sections should be added to the any of the forms. Any additional documentation submitted as part of an application, including cover letters, will not be reviewed.
- Applicants cannot submit more than one application.
- The winning candidates will be informed shortly after the closing date. Should the winning applicants fail to take up the sponsorship offer in a timely manner the offer will pass to another candidate based on the judgement of the relevant interview panel.
- The IMI reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into. Candidates must be available to commence the MSc in Autumn 2014 and must attend all scheduled dates for the programme.
- The winner of the Scholarship must agree to participate in specified publicity if/when applicable. The winner’s employers should be informed at the time of application of the winner’s intent to participate in future promotional/publicity opportunities generated by the IMI from time to time during and directly following on from their participation in the programme. The IMI will seek the co-operation and participation of the Scholarship winner’s employing organisation in mutually beneficial promotional/publicity opportunities as they arise
- IMI reserves the right to corroborate the contents of the business case submitted by the winning applicants of the Scholarship with their employers. Any entrant who canvasses the IMI will be disqualified.
- There will be no payment of a cash alternative to the scholarship holder. No substitution of the tuition fee is allowed.
- The IMI has the right to suspend the Scholarship if the Scholarship holder does not comply with the internal regulations of the institution and academic regulations of the programme. It is the responsibility of the Scholarship holder to be familiar with these regulations. If a situation occurs whereby the IMI wishes to suspend the Scholarship, the decision cannot be appealed by Scholarship holder. The IMI reserves the right to change or amend the nature or terms of this Scholarship by provision of written notice to the successful Scholarship holder at any time.
- IMI will not be in a position to provide feedback to any applicant/unsuccessful interviewee regarding the quality of their business case or reasons for non-selection for interview .
- The successful entrant will be required to sign an agreement with the IMI pertaining to the terms and conditions as outlined, but not limited to, those above.
Download Application Form here
More details on the programme available here.
Download Digital Brochure
Have you taken this course? Give us your feedback