IMI Diploma in the Management of Governance and Compliance
Forging a culture of integrity and compliance with organisational values
The IMI Diploma in Management of Governance and Compliance has been developed in close conjunction with a range of industry and regulatory stakeholders to directly address the needs of professional managers and equip them with the knowledge, skills and techniques necessary to succeed in both the conformance and performance aspects of their roles.
By bringing together participants from different organisations that are all constantly challenged by updates to their compliance mandates this programme provides a real and meaningful opportunity to learn about the different problems faced by peers and help compliance and business professionals to meet these challenges.
This programme provides participants with the management skills to function optimally in a compliance environment by building and enhancing professional competencies across a broad range of relevant organisational areas.
Who This Programme Is For
- Executives who wish to broaden their knowledge of ethical governance and forge a culture of compliance in their organisations.
- Managers with specific compliance responsibilities seeking to broaden their management skills and further develop practical expertise in a focused learning environment.
- Senior executives with board level responsibilities or those with aspirations to same, where proven awareness of key governance areas is fast becoming a pre-requisite.
This programme is relevant to regulated and unregulated sectors alike. Previous graduates have represented the following sectors:
- Medical devices
- Life Sciences
IMI Diploma in the Management of Governance and Compliance
Summit Finuas Network Member Discount: We are pleased to offer a discount to Summit Finuas Network members. Please contact our programme advisors for further information.
Next programme start dates: TBC
By completing the IMI Diploma in Management of Governance and Compliance you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical comprehension of the social responsibility agenda across a number of different sectors.
- Articulate and apply the theories and principles of compliance and ethical leadership
- Be fully ethically aware in the compliance setting
- Better explore the challenges for organisations of managing under different models of compliance.
- Be conversant on models of corporate governance for a range of organisational types
- Critically assess risk issues across a range of compliance settings
- Develop core management skills that are foundational for compliance activities – e.g. Negotiation Strategy
- Enhance awareness and appreciation of professional interaction with regulators, senior management teams and the board.
The IMI Diploma in Management of Governance and Compliance incorporates five core themes. Typical theme content is indicated below:
Each theme has a dedicated faculty expert responsible for integrated content delivery. The faculty group combines a blend of real world experience and technical expertise that is unique to the IMI.
Principles of Compliance and Ethical Leadership
- The case for ethical leadership
- Organisational culture
- Compliance structures
- Best practices in the development of codes of conduct and related policies
- Effective compliance training and communication
- Good faith reporting and investigation protocols
- Adapting strategic processes for compliance requirements
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting frameworks
- Compliance in an international context
- Ethical theories and their application
- Competencies of the ethical leader
- Ethical leadership in crisis
- The ethical leadership toolbox
- an authentic ethics-based approach
- Develop practical tools to help
- forge compliance with ethical values
Corporate Governance Essentials
- Governance frameworks
- Directors duties and directors’ liability
- Board structure and composition
- The Board’s role in strategy
- Risk and compliance responsibilities
- Ethical governance
- An effective, value-adding boardroom
- Board dynamics and team work
- Typical boardroom dilemmas
Risk Management for Compliance Professionals
- Assessing risk in a compliance environment
- Fraud detection
- Developing a risk based project management
- Designing internal governance systems
Negotiation Strategy in a Compliance Setting
- Managing differences
- Securing optimal outcomes
- Principles of effective persuasion
- Change management skills
- Understanding key principles of organisational behaviour
Social Responsibility and Change Management
- Introduction to social responsibility and key aspects of a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy
- Evaluating CSR frameworks and best practices
- Integrating the social responsibility agenda into the corporate strategy
- Frameworks for implementing change
- Leadership, power and influence during organisational change
Class Diversity & Networking
The IMI Diploma in the Management of Compliance will be made up of individuals from a range of different organisations. Throughout the year you will work closely with your class colleagues in team activities and organised study groups. You will leave the programme with a valuable network of contacts and friends.
IMIs teaching methods feature intensively practical classroom exercises and group activities designed to accelerate the transfer of learning back to the workplace.
IMI faculty have a unique blend of academic qualifications and practical management acumen. This combines with their unrivalled experience working with practicing managers to create a truly dynamic classroom experience.
In addition to regular classes, guest seminars from visiting experts are a feature of the programme. These sessions provide you with an opportunity to analyse and discuss issues of contemporary concern with seasoned regulatory experts.
IMI executive education is about more than developing real management skills and substantive knowledge. A crucial aspect of developing your ability as a manager is learning about yourself. During the programme you will undertake a range of personality and self assessment reviews covering personality traits. These assessments will help you understand more about yourself and empower you to increase
your effectiveness at work.
Ros O’ Shea
Ros has just recently joined as the IMI Programme Director for this IMI Diploma, she also lectures on the IMI Diploma in Leadership and a range of other programmes for the IMI. Her teaching focus is ethical leadership, governance and compliance.
She is the principal of Acorn Governance Services, a consulting firm providing advice, training and support in the areas of corporate governance, compliance and business ethics. She is also an independent director and sits on the Board of the Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital.
A Chartered Accountant by profession, having completed her training at PWC, Ros has more than 15 years experience reporting to the Board and Executive Committees of CRH plc and Smurfit Kappa Group plc. Recently, as Head of Group Compliance & Ethics at CRH plc, she was responsible for the strategy, direction and delivery of the Group’s global compliance and ethics programme.
For 2017, the IMI offers promotional rates* and innovative payment options that make our programmes more accessible than ever.
IMI prices are inclusive of teaching materials, meals and parking at the IMI Campus. These prices are only guaranteed for the 2017 intake of IMI Diplomas. We offer all our IMI Diploma participants a 10% discount on double rooms at the IMI National Management Centre.
Organisations that purchase several IMI Diploma places in any calendar year may be eligible for MoB Corporate Partnership. By becoming an MoB Corporate Partner, your organisation can avail of considerable additional price discounts and other benefits. For more information on IMI pricing, financing options and MoB Corporate Partnership, contact the team at 1800 22 33 88 or email email@example.com.
Pay for your IMI Diploma by monthly payments spread over the duration of the programme. There is no interest charged for choosing this payment option. Terms and conditions apply.
IMI Staged Payments
Pay for 60% of your course in advance of its commencement and pay the 40% balance before the start of your fourth module.
Tax Relief on Tuition Fees
If you are paying for your tuition fees yourself, it is now possible to apply to the Revenue Commissioners for tax relief for this IMI programme. The amount of relief available varies from person to person, and may be as high as 1,400. Tax relief is allowable per programme, per participant, per academic year. Relief will not be available for any part of tuition fees which are met directly, or indirectly, by grants, scholarships, employer payments etc. Please see www.revenue.ie for further information on how to apply for this relief. All decisions on individual tax relief requests are subject to the discretion of the Revenue Commissioners.
Reflective Integrated Assignment
Completion of the MBS in Business Practice pathway is contingent on participants completing the RIA (5 credits) capstone assignment. Guidance is offered through a compulsory one-day facilitated workshop and ongoing support and access to the IMI Knowledge Centre is also provided at a cost of €650. Payment is due on acceptance of Diploma three.
For more information on IMI pricing, financing options and MoB Corporate Partnership, contact the team at 1800 22 33 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Pricing subject to change
The Master of Business is based around a framework of fifteen IMI Diploma Programmes and BRP.
By completing either of the four pathways below within a five year timeframe, you will earn the required amount of credits to be conferred the title ‘MSc or MBS in Business Practice’, ‘MSc in Data Business’ or ‘MSc in Digital Business’. The IMI Masters of Business Framework is validated and awarded by University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork.
How does it work?
Step 1: Successfully complete any one of the IMI’s suite of fifteen IMI Diploma programmes.
Step 2: Successfully complete a second IMI Diploma of your choosing achieving an overall grade average of 2.1.
Step 3: Successfully complete the IMI Business Research Project or a third IMI Diploma of your choosing and a Reflective Integrated Assignment (RIA).
Separate to their individual pathways, it must be noted that the IMI Diploma in Data Business Part 1 or the IMI Diploma in Digital Business Part 1 can be taken as the first, second or third diploma in the journey towards an MSc in Business Practice or MBS in Business Practice.
A key feature of the IMI MoB Framework is its flexible timeframe, which allows you to tailor your participation around work/life demands. Whereas each of the steps takes approximately six months to complete, you have a five year window within which to complete all required steps and attain the Masters. Therefore, depending on your preference, you can complete the taught element of the IMI MoB Framework in as little as 18 months. You must complete all elements of the IMI MoB Framework within five years.
The MoB philosophy
Unlike traditional MBAs and Business Masters, the IMI MoB Framework is driven by an intensely practical, action learning philosophy. Throughout the programme, classroom learning is applied to real-life business challenges via exercises, group work, case studies and projects that centre on both your day-to-day work and the challenges currently facing your organisation. Both you and your organisation will derive genuine real-world benefits from your participation.
Who is eligible?
Participants are required to provide evidence of relevant work-based learning at a management level and / or should hold a relevant academic qualification at primary degree level.
To clarify your status or to find out more contact email@example.com or Freephone 1800 22 33 88.
Participants are required to provide evidence of relevant work-based learning at a management level and/or should hold a relevant academic qualification at primary degree level.
Successful participants will be awarded the IMI Diploma in the Management of Governance and Compliance and the UCC Postgraduate Certificate in the Management of Compliance.
This qualification is validated and awarded by University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork.
The IMI Diploma in the Management of Governance and Compliance is academically equivalent to a Postgraduate Certificate (level 9) Minor Award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
By completing this award, you will also earn one-third of the credits required to be awarded the IMI Master of Business qualification.
Next programme start dates: TBC
Download Digital Brochure
Have you taken this course? Give us your feedback