Calling all women in business! The IMI has partnered with the 30% Club to offer one lucky high potential female executive a fully-funded scholarship, valued at €10,000, to avail of an IMI Diploma in Leadership or IMI Diploma in Strategy and Innovation.
The 30% Club
The 30% Club is a global movement of international chairmen and CEOs who are committed to better gender balance at all levels of their organisations through voluntary actions. Business leadership is key to the mission of the 30% Club, taking the issue beyond a specialist diversity effort and into mainstream talent management.
The 30% Club approach – collaborative, concerted business-led efforts – can help accelerate progress towards better gender balance at all levels of organisations. The 30% Club does not believe mandatory quotas are the right approach. Instead, it supports a voluntary approach in order to realise meaningful, sustainable change. 30% Club efforts are complementary to individual company efforts and existing networking groups, adding to these through collaboration and the visible and voluntary commitment of senior business leaders.
The 30% Club runs a number of very specific and targeted initiatives that look to broaden the pipeline of women at all levels, from “schoolroom to boardroom”.
The 30% Club Scholarship
The 30% Club launched in Ireland in January 2015 and as part of its programme of activities is developing a cross-company, cross-sector mentoring programme that will complement existing schemes in the Irish market and within individual organisations. The scheme, which is being facilitated and managed by the Irish Management Institute, offers mid-career women mentoring focusing on their professional and personal development. This initiative is currently being run on a pilot basis, with a full launch planned for Spring 2016.
To celebrate this partnership and our combined commitment to addressing gender imbalance and to helping more women reach influential positions, the 30% Club and the IMI are offering a fully-funded scholarship, valued at €10,000, to a deserving high potential female executive to avail of an IMI Diploma in Leadership or an IMI Diploma in Strategy and Innovation.
This scholarship is for the 2016 programme run and will commence in Spring 2016. Terms and conditions apply.
Closing date: 31st March 2016
Interviews to be held: w/c 4th April 2016
Programme Start Dates:
Scholarship Entry Criteria:
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should be:
1. High potential female executives.
2. Eligible for an IMI Diploma as per below requirements:
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of relevant work-based learning at management level and/or should hold a relevant academic qualification at primary degree level.
- Satisfy IMI as to their general suitability and ability to deal with the work requirements of such a programme.
- You must also comply fully with the conditions as laid out in the terms and conditions available on this webpage. It is essential that you familiarise yourself fully with these terms and conditions prior to completing your application.
1. Check if you are suitable for the programme, before applying for the scholarship. Click here for information on IMI Diploma in Leadership and IMI Diploma in Business Finance
3. Complete application with the 500 word submission for Scholarship, outlining how the IMI Diploma in Leadership or IMI Diploma in Strategy and Innovation will help achieve both your individual career goals and success for your organisation.
4. Send completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘30% Club Scholarship 2016′ as the subject line. Any queries should be addressed to email@example.com or call our freefone 1800 22 33 88.
The shortlisted applicants will then be required to undertake for a short interview with the Programme Director and a panel at the IMI in Sandyford, Dublin. Each applicant will attend one interview lasting approximately 30 to 45 minutes. If a short listed candidate is not available for interview then they will be removed from the shortlist and replaced.
Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship is for the Spring 2016 programme run. The programme is worth €10,000 and is open to both non IMI members and IMI members.
- The successful applicant must have approval to attend the 18 day programme (6 modules of 3 days from 9am – 5pm) at the IMI in Sandyford, Dublin.
- Dates may be subject to change and if the programme is cancelled, the value of the scholarship will be transferable to another IMI Diploma level programme
- Failure to comply with the stated deadlines will result in automatic disqualification. The Scholarship is open to residents of Ireland except volunteers of 30% Club or the Irish Management Institute (“IMI”), their associated affiliated or subsidiary organisations, their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this Scholarship.
- Any submission which runs to over 500 words in length will be automatically disqualified from the competition. Short listed applicants who are not contactable via the phone and/or email addresses which are indicated on their application Form will be automatically disqualified from the competition. NO additional documentation other than the Application Form and and the 500 word (max) Business Case should be submitted. No additional sections should be added to the any of the forms. Any additional documentation submitted as part of an application, including cover letters, will not be reviewed.
- Applicants cannot submit more than one application.
- The winning candidate will be informed shortly after the closing date. Should the winning applicant fail to take up the sponsorship offer in a timely manner the offer will pass to another candidate based on the judgement of the relevant interview panel.
- The IMI reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into. Candidates must be available to commence the Diploma in Spring 2016 and must attend all scheduled dates for the programme.
- The winners of the Scholarship must agree to participate in specified publicity if/when applicable. The winners’s employers should be informed at the time of application of the winners’s intent to participate in future promotional/publicity opportunities generated by the IMI from time to time during and directly following on from their participation in the programme. The IMI will seek the co-operation and participation of the Scholarship winner’s employing organisation in mutually beneficial promotional/publicity opportunities as they arise
- IMI reserves the right to corroborate the contents of the business case submitted by the winning applicants of the Scholarship with their employers. Any entrant who canvasses the IMI will be disqualified.
- There will be no payment of a cash alternative to the scholarship holders. No substitution of the tuition fee is allowed.
- The IMI has the right to suspend the Scholarship if the Scholarship holder does not comply with the internal regulations of the institution and academic regulations of the programme. It is the responsibility of the Scholarship holder to be familiar with these regulations. If a situation occurs whereby the IMI wishes to suspend the Scholarship, the decision cannot be appealed by Scholarship holder. The IMI reserves the right to change or amend the nature or terms of this Scholarship by provision of written notice to the successful Scholarship holder at any time.
- IMI will not be in a position to provide feedback to any applicant/unsuccessful interviewee regarding the quality of their business case or reasons for non-selection for interview .
- Shortlisted applicants must be available for interview.
- The successful entrants will be required to sign an agreement with the IMI pertaining to the terms and conditions as outlined, but not limited to, those above.