Mindfulness at Work – Rasmus Hougaard
On Thursday April 7th from 16.00 – 17.30 Rasmus Hougaard of The Potential Project (TPP) will give a keynote presentation on How to Enhance the Performance, Well-Being and Resilience of Your People with Mindfulness at Work.
In today’s era of perpetual burn-out, often we are too overworked to stop and ask ourselves the most important question:
- What can we do to break the cycle of information overload, nonstop distractions and high-pressure always-on schedules?
- Do we need to accept this as the new workplace reality and continue to survive rather than thrive in modern day work environments? Thankfully, the answer is no.
In this keynote presentation by internationally acclaimed presenter Rasmus Hougaard, co-author of One Second Ahead: Enhance Your Performance at Work with Mindfulness you will:
- Learn how you can work differently so you are more focused, calm, and better able to manage your attention
- Learn practical tools and techniques to put an end to ineffective multitasking, and other unhealthy workplace behaviors by applying mindfulness to every day work life
- Hear how Corporate Based Mindfulness Training has resulted in measurable increases in productivity, effectiveness, and job satisfaction in many leading organisations
- Experience mindfulness training
In this highly practical interactive session, you will also receive a copy of One Second Ahead, which is packed with practical content that demonstrates how mindfulness sharpens focus, reduces stress, and challenges our habits of self-judgment, all of which contribute to higher productivity levels and results for both individuals and organizations.
About the Potential Project:
Head-quartered in Copenhagen, The Potential Project is an international organisation working across the globe with leading organisations to achieve better performance and results through corporate-based mindfulness training. See The Potential Project to find out more.
Date: 7th April 2016
Time: Registration 15.00 | Workshop 16.00 – 17.30 | Book Signing 17.30 – 18.30
Venue: IMI Conference Centre, Sandyford, Dublin 16
Fees & Registration: See separate tab.
Agenda: Thursday April 7th 2016
• 15.00 – 16.00 Registration
• 16.00 – 17.30 Keynote & Discussion
• 17.30 -18.30 Book Signing and Networking
The Potential Project has helped organizations like Microsoft, Accenture, Roche, Nike, American Express, General Electric, Citrix, Google, Sony, Societe Generale, KLM, IKEA, Royal Bank of Canada, Ogilvy, Carlsberg and many more develop organizational excellence and helped thousands of individuals lead happier, kinder and more effective work lives. He is an internationally recognized authority on training the mind to be more focused, effective, and clear in an organizational context.
To find out more visit: www.potentialproject.com
About the book:
With the new mindset proposed in One Second Ahead, readers will be able to put an end to ineffective multitasking, unproductive meetings, poor communication, and other unhealthy workplace behaviors by applying mindfulness to every day work life. One Second Ahead is a handbook for more mindful work that offers:
- Practical, easy to apply, tools and techniques to enhance performance and effectiveness in day to day work activities such as meetings, emails, communication, planning, creativity and more;
- Real-world stories of how mindfulness changed the workdays of leaders and front line employees;
- Tips for cultivating mental strategies and routines that can reduce clutter, increase focus, and rewire your brain to enhance presence, patience, kindness and other valuable mind states;
- Simple yet detailed step-by-step instructions for a more systematic approach to mindfulness training to enhance focus and awareness;
- Guidelines for a 10-minute-per-day mindfulness program that can reshape your life both at work and at home
By making the concepts and practices of mindfulness accessible, One Second Ahead shows readers how to take meaningful steps to regaining control over the 168 hours available in any given week.
Praise for One Second Ahead
“The methods of this book have made a huge difference in my work, leadership and private life. I am convinced it can do the same for you.”
—Robert Stembridge, Managing Director, Accenture Technology
“The choice of an ‘Always-On’ lifestyle brings its additional stresses and strains. The relentless push for productivity has its price eventually. At Sony, our future leaders have been working with TPP to learn how to incorporate mindfulness into their lives, as well as those around them. What seemed like a risk when we designed the leadership programs has turned out to be the missing piece to our puzzle of unlocking potential and creativity.”
—Hew Evans, Regional Director, Human Resources (Asia, Middle East & Africa), Sony Electronics
“Rasmus Hougaard and The Potential Project have cleverly combined two hot topics in today’s work life: mindfulness and working more effectively. You can find thousands of useful books on both topics, but Rasmus has gone one step further. Putting together a great variety of work techniques with mindfulness creates an extremely powerful toolset for any business professional who not only wants more from him/herself, but is also interested in own self’s well-being.”
—Jouni Torunen, HR Director, Nokia
IMI Corporate Members – €40.00
Non-members – €60.00
IMI Conference Centre,