Why choose this programme?
Do you want to find the facts behind the figures?
IMI’s Professional Diploma in Business Finance will allow you to understand, interpret and contribute to your organisation’s financial planning and strategy.
You will work with experienced finance specialists and business practitioners to develop knowledge and competence in key areas of finance.
Facilitated Workshops 1: 30 November, 01 & 02 December 2020
Facilitated Workshops 2: 04, 04 & 06 January 2021
Facilitated Workshops 3: 25, 26 & 27 January 2021
Facilitated Workshops 4: 22, 23 & 24 February 2021
Facilitated Workshops 5: 22, 23 & 24 March 2021
Facilitated Workshops 6: 26, 27 & 28 April 2021
Final Days: 24 & 25 26 May 2021
Facilitated Workshops will be delivered via the IMI Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to your desktop.
Facilitated Workshops 1: 31, 01 & 02 March 2021
Facilitated Workshops 2: 21, 22 & 23 April 2021
Facilitated Workshops 3: 26, 27 & 28 May 2021
Facilitated Workshops 4: 23, 24 & 25 June 2021
Facilitated Workshops 5: 25, 26 & 27 August 2021
Facilitated Workshops 6: 29, 30 October & 01 September 2021
Final Days: 28 October 2021
Facilitated Workshops will be delivered virtually this Spring 2021 via the IMI Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to your desktop. We will continue to monitor government guidelines and when restrictions allow, we will revert to a blended format of delivery.
Avail of free or heavily-subsidised executive education with IMI, see more here
- Understand your organisation’s key financial statements: income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Critically examine financial statements and learn how to assess company performance analysis.
- Learn what drives costs and about the different costing systems that are appropriate to organisations of varying operational complexity.
- Enhance your ability to make costing and management decisions, including recommendations for restructuring.
- Use costing to determine whether your organisation should produce a product or service internally, or buy it in from an external source.
- Understand the key strategic and financial elements of a good business plan and deploy them in practice.
- Appreciate the similarities and differences of budgets and business plans.
- Explore how to assess investment proposals.
- Enhance your ability to deliver greater shareholder value and divisional financial performance through investment decisions that boost shareholder value.
- Learn how to optimise the management of working capital.
- Learn how to apply financial practices such as discounted cash flow and the capital asset pricing model to value any company.
- Apply the factors that drive corporate valuation to better boost the value of your own organisation.
- Communicate your financial knowledge and acumen through enhanced report writing and verbal skills.
- Explore research methodologies to best assess financial performance in a variety of contexts.
Develop a financial vocabulary and deal comfortably with finance questions as they arise on the job.
Talk at the highest levels. Understand all major financial topics as they relate to the practical day-to-day activity of your business.
Analyse, understand and leverage value out of financial accounts. Project budgets, analyse capital expenditure decisions and critically examine corporate finance transactions.
What our graduates say
The Professional Diploma in Business Finance was extremely comprehensive and has greatly increased my knowledge of finance. I would highly recommend it to any business people from a non-finance background.
Peter LaganDirector, Lagan Investments Ltd