Why choose this programme?
Senior executives and compliance professionals are measured against increasingly exacting professional standards.
We have developed the Professional Diploma in Management of Governance, Risk and Compliance in close conjunction with a range of industry and regulatory stakeholders to directly address the needs of professional managers.
- Acquire the measuring, monitoring and reporting frameworks needed for best practice compliance structures in both local and international contexts.
- Develop your ability to carry out effective compliance training and communicate its benefits across the organisation.
- Enhance your negotiation skills and ability to develop negotiation strategy.
- Create value through distributive negotiations.
- Secure optimal outcomes in dispute resolutions.
- Explore the case for ethical leadership and the application of ethical theories.
- Articulate and apply the theories and principles of compliance and ethical leadership.
- Evaluate CSR frameworks and best practices, integrating social responsibility into the corporate strategy.
- Develop frameworks for implementing change, learning how to better lead and influence that change.
- Enhance awareness and appreciation of professional interaction with regulators, senior management teams and the board.
- Critically assess risk issues across a range of compliance settings and develop your ability around risk-based project management.
- Design internal governance systems, and how to detect fraud.
- Define risk and compliance responsibilities, and about the duties and potential liabilities of company directors.
- Discover best practice when it comes to board structure and composition and be conversant on models of corporate governance for a range of organisational types.
Understand and Assess
Be conversant on models of corporate governance for a range of organisational types, and be able to apply them. Critically assess the strategic objectives of your business and the essential support pillars that governance and compliance can offer.
Monitor and Align
Acquire the measuring, monitoring and reporting frameworks needed for best practice compliance structures in both local and international contexts. Develop an understanding of Information Governance and the emerging challenges associated with digital data management and data privacy regulations.
Critically assess risk issues across a range of compliance settings and develop your ability around risk-based project management. Design internal governance systems, and how to detect fraud.
What our graduates say
The programme has facilitated a critical assessment of the DSPCA’s corporate governance policy, strategy and practice and will continue to benefit the organisation’s efforts in the governance and compliance fields.Mairead FlemingChair, Dublin Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals