IMI Diploma in Executive Coaching
Smart organisations use a coaching culture as a key enabler of organisational performance. A coaching approach to people management can drive a business to new levels of productivity, delivering significant return on investment. This innovative and relevant programme combines the most effective modern coaching techniques with a thorough grounding in modern organisational realities. Strong emphasis is placed on supervised coaching sessions with intensive feedback. It is expected that participants will carry out in excess of 100 hours of practice.
EMCC’s European Quality Award
The IMI is one of only two colleges in Ireland to have been awarded the European Quality Award ‘EQA’ from the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC). The EMCC’s European Quality Award system is the European benchmark standard for coaching and mentoring training programmes, therefore this offers individuals and organisations the assurance that they are choosing an appropriate programme for developing their coaching and/or mentoring skills. Programme graduates are eligible for European Individual Accreditation (EIA).
Who This Programme Is For
- Practicing business coaches who wish to bring their coaching competencies to the next level
- Managers and leaders who realise that coaching is the key to unlocking performance
- HR professionals and organisational consultants who want to add coaching excellence to their skill set
- Psychologists or psychotherapists who want to work on developing people in corporate settings
- Mentors and those changing careers who wish to develop executive coaching skills
IMI Diploma in Executive Coaching
Programme Start Dates: Dublin
Module 1: 10, 11 & 12 April 2018
Module 2: 08, 09 & 10 May 2018
Module 3: 05, 06 & 07 June 2018
Module 4: 03, 04 & 05 July 2018
Module 5: 04, 05, 06 September 2018
Module 6: 16, 17 & 18 October 2018
Graduating participants will:
- Have practised a range of coaching skills
- Be equipped to transfer coaching methodologies to the workplace
- Understand relevant coaching models
- Have demonstrated competence in a coaching role
- Be able to use a variety of coaching approaches and techniques
- Have increased confidence in their coaching ability
- Have achieved a high level of self-insight
- Have completed a journey of personal and professional development
The Nature And Purpose Of Executive Coaching
- The Role of the Coach
- Klob’s Learning Styles and keeping a learning log
- Models and Methods
- Contracting and Planning & the Role of Third Parties
- Organisational and Personal Coaching
- The Ethics of Coaching
Organisational Performance Through Coaching
- Tools & Practice of Career Coaching
- Integrating Executive Coaching with Mentoring & Consulting
- Develop Awareness, Self Monitoring and Observation Skills
- Performance Enhancing feedback
- The impact of team coaching in organisational effectiveness
- Coaching executive teams
Understanding Personalities And Building Rapport With The Coachee
- Understanding of Human Personality
- Sample Instrument: Enneagram
- Applications of the Enneagram in Coaching
- NLP Principles and Processes
- Problem-solving using NLP
- Using NLP in coaching
Using Emotional Intelligence To Coach Executives And Leaders
- Core Elements of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Assessing Emotional Intelligence with the ECR Tool
- Link EI with Leadership Performance
- Link EI with Personal Effectiveness
- Using ECR tool in coaching
The Executive Coaching Relationship
- Coaching with Horses Experience
- Developing powerful metaphors to facilitate coaching
- Using mental visualization to create commitment to change
- Agreeing coachee’s needs and expectations
- Define boundaries and managing dependencies barriers and pitfalls
- Establishing trust and confidentiality
The Coaching Practitioner
- Personal mindfulness
- Developing self awareness, self monitoring
- Advanced listening skills and techniques
- Questioning skills for coaches
- Creating the thinking space
- Best Fit: Matching Coaching
- Practice sessions each module
- Practice sessions in support groups
- Expert feedback and review
- Developing you as a coach throughout with 100 hours of practical coaching built up over the duration of this programme.
- Tools of career and life planning
- Establishing career direction
- Career challenges
- Career direction model
- Team versus work groups
- Team coaching and other interventions
- Contracting with teams
- Coaching with horses
- Get feedback on your signature presence
- Develop trust with horses
Psychology and Coaching
- 5 Phases of Psychology
- Psychological defences
- Different levels of awareness
- Working with the unconscious
- Partial emotional intelligence accreditation (ECR)
- Awarded the European Quality Award by EMCC
Return on Investment
- Practical coaching toolkit to implement immediately in your organisation.
Coaching is becoming increasingly important in Irish business. Whether you are seeking to introduce a coaching culture to your organisation or striving to unlock the latent potential of individuals, this programme will equip you with the right tools to succeed. You will enjoy a powerful and practical learning experience.
CEO of a financial institution and programme graduate
Why on earth is this material not available to everyone, why did it take me so long to get started on this journey?
Charles Searson, Managing Director
Searsons Wine Merchants
I would like to formally convey my thanks for such a wonderful and memorable programme. The IMI Diploma in Executive Coaching has taught me so much, not least that anyone from any background of work can find their calling in a new and meaningful role. The programme was very relevant, alive and practical and I thoroughly enjoyed and valued all the contributions to the programme. Its been a great pleasure working with the programme director, auxiliary programme director, programme administrator, visiting presenters and all the participants. Thanks to this programme I am now looking forward to a new and exciting addition to my career.
Pat Griffith, FCA, MBA, Consultant in Finance
Accounting and Executive Development
High performance coaching requires a deep sense of knowledge and skill in a wide variety of areas. The IMI Diploma in Executive Coaching has significantly increased my knowledge and provided me with an ability to apply enhanced skills in pressurised competitive circumstances. It provides participants with competence and confidence not alone to achieve previously unthought of goals in their own lives, but to empower others to reach out and achieve dreams that they never thought possible. In essence this programme provides a platform for success in both sporting and corporate worlds.
High Performance Sporting and Corporate Coach
The world of elite sport can learn a significant amount from executive coaching in a high performance context. The Diploma in Executive Coaching was an extraordinary learning journey. I look forward to applying this rich learning as my organisation aspires to put champions on the podium for Ireland.
Daragh Sheridan, Head of Performance Skills
Irish Institute of Sport
It is the best life education programme I have been on.
Luke Hanlon, Logistics Director
Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland
For 2018, the IMI offers promotional rates* and innovative payment options that make our programmes more accessible than ever.
IMI prices are inclusive of teaching materials, meals and parking at the IMI Campus. These prices are only guaranteed for the 2018 intake of IMI Diplomas. We offer all our IMI Diploma participants a 10% discount on double rooms at the IMI National Management Centre.
Organisations that purchase several IMI Diploma places in any calendar year may be eligible for MoB Corporate Partnership. By becoming an MoB Corporate Partner, your organisation can avail of considerable additional price discounts and other benefits. For more information on IMI pricing, financing options and MoB Corporate Partnership, contact the team at 1800 22 33 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay for your IMI Diploma by monthly payments spread over the duration of the programme. There is no interest charged for choosing this payment option. Terms and conditions apply.
IMI Staged Payments
Pay for 60% of your course in advance of its commencement and pay the 40% balance before the start of your fourth module.
Tax Relief on Tuition Fees
If you are paying for your tuition fees yourself, it is now possible to apply to the Revenue Commissioners for tax relief for this IMI programme. The amount of relief available varies from person to person, and may be as high as 1,400. Tax relief is allowable per programme, per participant, per academic year. Relief will not be available for any part of tuition fees which are met directly, or indirectly, by grants, scholarships, employer payments etc. Please see www.revenue.ie for further information on how to apply for this relief. All decisions on individual tax relief requests are subject to the discretion of the Revenue Commissioners.
Reflective Integrated Assignment
Completion of the MBS in Business Practice pathway is contingent on participants completing the RIA (5 credits) capstone assignment. Guidance is offered through a compulsory one-day facilitated workshop and ongoing support and access to the IMI Knowledge Centre is also provided at a cost of €650. Payment is due on acceptance of Diploma three.
For more information on IMI pricing, financing options and MoB Corporate Partnership, contact the team at 1800 22 33 88 or email email@example.com.
*Pricing subject to change
The Master of Business is based around a framework of fifteen IMI Diploma Programmes and BRP.
By completing either of the four pathways below within a five year timeframe, you will earn the required amount of credits to be conferred the title ‘MSc or MBS in Business Practice’, ‘MSc in Data Business’ or ‘MSc in Digital Business’. The IMI Masters of Business Framework is validated and awarded by University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork.
How does it work?
Step 1: Successfully complete any one of the IMI’s suite of fifteen IMI Diploma programmes.
Step 2: Successfully complete a second IMI Diploma of your choosing achieving an overall grade average of 2.1.
Step 3: Successfully complete the IMI Business Research Project or a third IMI Diploma of your choosing and a Reflective Integrated Assignment (RIA).
Separate to their individual pathways, it must be noted that the IMI Diploma in Data Business Part 1 or the IMI Diploma in Digital Business Part 1 can be taken as the first, second or third diploma in the journey towards an MSc in Business Practice or MBS in Business Practice.
A key feature of the IMI MoB Framework is its flexible timeframe, which allows you to tailor your participation around work/life demands. Whereas each of the steps takes approximately six months to complete, you have a five year window within which to complete all required steps and attain the Masters. Therefore, depending on your preference, you can complete the taught element of the IMI MoB Framework in as little as 18 months. You must complete all elements of the IMI MoB Framework within five years.
The MoB philosophy
Unlike traditional MBAs and Business Masters, the IMI MoB Framework is driven by an intensely practical, action learning philosophy. Throughout the programme, classroom learning is applied to real-life business challenges via exercises, group work, case studies and projects that centre on both your day-to-day work and the challenges currently facing your organisation. Both you and your organisation will derive genuine real-world benefits from your participation.
Who is eligible?
Participants are required to provide evidence of relevant work-based learning at a management level and / or should hold a relevant academic qualification at primary degree level.
To clarify your status or to find out more contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Freephone 1800 22 33 88.
Participants are required to provide evidence of relevant workbased learning at management level and/or should hold a relevant academic qualification at primary degree level.
Successful participants will be awarded both the IMI Diploma in Executive Coaching and the UCC Postgraduate Certificate in Executive Coaching.
The Postgraduate Certificate qualification is validated and awarded by University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork and is a Level 9, Minor Award on National Framework of Qualifications. By completing this programme you will also earn one-third of the credits required to be awarded the Master of Business qualification.
Successful participants will also:
- Receive partial emotional intelligence accreditation (ECR)
- Be awarded the European Quality Award by EMCC. The IMI is one of only two colleges in Ireland to have been awarded the European Quality Award ‘EQA’ from the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC). Programme graduates are eligible for European Individual Accreditation (EIA).
Download Digital Brochure
Have you taken this course? Give us your feedback