Why choose this programme?
We live in uncertain times and the ability to make innovation a key management process is a critical element in any successful strategy.
The Professional Diploma in Strategy and Innovation will support you in developing and leading innovation in your organisation.
Facilitated Workshops 1: 09, 10 & 11 November 2020
Facilitated Workshops 2: 07, 08 & 09 December 2020
Facilitated Workshops 3: 11, 12 & 13 January 2021
Facilitated Workshops 4: 08, 09 10 February 2021
Facilitated Workshops 5: 08, 09, 10 March 2021
Facilitated Workshops 6: 12, 13 &14 April 2021
Day 1 of the Facilitated Workshop 1 will be delivered at the IMI campus in Sandyford, Dublin. Day 2 & 3 of the Facilitated Workshop 1 will be delivered via the IMI Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to your desktop.
Day 1 & 2 of the Facilitated Workshops 2-6 will be delivered via the IMI Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to your desktop. Day 3 of Facilitated Workshops 2-6 will be delivered at the IMI campus in Sandyford, Dublin.
Avail of free or heavily-subsidised executive education with IMI, see more here
- Assess the external macro-environment in the context of your organisation, identify potential game-changing events and possibilities.
- Define your competitors’ positions, map internal and external stakeholders and begin scenario planning.
- Explore innovation management and start defining an innovation strategy.
- Learn about innovation adoption and diffusion processes and how to assess and improve your innovation performance.
- Discover how to create an innovation policy for your organisation
- Learn how to maintain a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Map your own resources and capabilities, while assessing the differences between resource acquisition versus development.
- Gain insights into how to build an innovative organisation.
- Go from ideation to idea prioritisation through to the commercial realisation of a new innovative product or service.
- Read a balance sheet from a strategy perspective and understand different funding options.
- Discover how to build the human capability of an organisation, and how to expand into global markets.
- Go from strategic planning to implementation.
- Create defined key performance indicators and capture the big data that will help drive successful innovation initiatives.
Evaluate and address the strategic challenges facing your organisation, identifying potential
game changing events and possibilities.
Make strategic sense of the global and domestic business environment. Undertake a key role in the strategy and innovation process.
Bring new ideas to market. Discover how to create an innovation policy for your organisation and how to both assess and improve your innovation performance.
What our graduates say
The learning journey was further enriched by the quality of classroom discussions across a diverse group of students. An enjoyable and challenging experience to develop innovation or strategy capabilities and experience.Colin McEvoyHead of Service Transition, Technology Services, Bank of Ireland