Why choose this programme?
Why are working relationships so important? Because people make businesses work.
This highly interactive two-day programme is focused on managing people and relationships in the workplace. This could be with staff, peers, other managers or stakeholders.
12 & 13 October 2020
Programmes taking place on-site at IMI’s campus will be delivered in accordance with the most up-to-date HSE & Government guidelines.
Influence and lead those around you. Improve your interpersonal skills at any level and get more from your working relationships.
Understand the ‘why’ behind human behaviour. Take a deep dive into human dynamics and what motivates people’s behaviours.
Deal with difficult situations. Develop your understanding of how to manage those around you, and how not to manage them.
- Understanding your own behaviour style and strengths/weaknesses.
- Diagnosing and understanding the style of others.
- Adapting your style for more effective results in communications and business interactions.
- Developing your listening skills.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Applying the VOICE model at work (Vision – Organisation – Inclusion – Communication – Enquiry).
- Understanding the sources of conflict.
- How to communicate through conflict.
- Removing the sources of conflict through development of understanding and diversity.
- Understanding difficult behaviours (ie the person is not difficult, their behaviour is).
- Language strategies for successful communication with these people/behaviours.
- A structured approach to difficult conversations/communications.