Why choose this programme?
Senior leadership teams in Ireland’s foreign multinationals are being challenged to become more strategic in terms of their influence and impact. To show unique value, leaders must leverage the strengths of their Irish divisions with a show of capabilities and efficiencies that cannot be easily replicated elsewhere.
The Leading with Strategic Intent programme has been designed to address the critical challenges facing leaders in multinationals, from building and sustaining a sphere of influence and developing a transformative mindset to navigating cultural complexities and building a pipeline of future leaders.
2019 Capstone Event
Participants, programme leaders and mentors talk about the impact the IMI Leading with Strategic Intent programme has had on them and their business.
We talked to participants on the programme, company mentors and Breda O'Toole, Head of Department for Product Development & Transformation at IDA Ireland.
Key programme takeaways
Make Ireland central. Allow your leaders the space and tools to strategically influence decision-making at corporate headquarters.
Stop thinking about today and start influencing tomorrow. Leave with a concrete strategic blueprint for your organisation going forward.
Define how your Irish office creates and adds value to the corporate headquarters. Define strategies to grow and innovate, and communication tactics to make sure the story is heard internationally.
- Examine the role your subsidiary plays in the overall game plan for the multinational.
- Analyse the polarity between autonomy and HQ oversight.
- Explore a framework for understanding the processes typically present during the evolution of subsidiary strategy.
- Assess the implications of past changes in the charter and capabilities of your subsidiary.
- Identify future success metrics through a shareholder, customer and market value lens.
- Explore differentiation as a source of competitive advantage. Craft a unique value proposition for your subsidiary.
- Understand how to articulate and position your strategy and story internally and externally.
- Employ practical mechanisms to promote constructive debate and alignment in the senior leadership team.
- Build on your leadership vision for your subsidiary.
- Map your local and global ecosystem and stakeholders, and develop an engagement plan.
- Learn how to manage and strategically influence stakeholders in a matrix, multicultural context.
- Recognise strategic talent management as a critical enabler for your subsidiary strategy.
- Identify strategic capabilities and reconfigure resources to capitalise on emerging opportunities for investment.
- Consider how to prepare employees for global roles to extend your sphere of influence.
- Closed Panel Presentations – each organisation shares and receives feedback on their success narrative and key learnings from the Strategic Blueprint Exercise to a panel of industry experts and IMI associates.
Programme Director: David Cornick
David Cornick is Programme Director for the Leading with Strategic Intent programme. We sat down with him to ask about how leaders in multinational subsidiaries in Ireland can add value back to headquarters and become a part of the strategic conversation.
We are proud to partner with IDA Ireland for the Leading with Strategic Intent programme. Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, the IDA is a non-commercial, semi-state body promoting Foreign Direct Investment into Ireland through a wide range of services.