Why choose this programme?
To move from manager to leader, you need to build a solid foundation in financial knowledge to interpret figures and understand what lies behind them.
In this programme, you will achieve a greater understanding of how finances influence your organisation’s strategy, structure, people and systems.
30 September, 01 & 02 October 2020
Finance for Non-Financial Managers will be delivered via the IMI Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to your desktop. This virtual experience is designed according to the same transformational, learner-centred philosophy that underpins our classroom experience.
Understand and Influence
Be able to communicate on financial matters at all levels. Gain a firm grasp of the fundamentals of finance and a new financial vocabulary.
Inform your thinking from a new angle and better influence your organisation’s strategy, structure, people and systems.
Analyse And Control
Better understand and control your organisation’s performance. Spot warning signs and opportunities quicker.
- Accounting principles and financial objectives.
- Understanding annual and management accounts.
- Interpreting the balance sheet.
- Simplifying the operating statement.
- Using ratios.
- Evaluating companies’ performance.
- Managing cash-flow.
- Appraising capital investment.
- Recovering overheads.
- Planning through break-even analysis.
- Costing for decision making.
- Budgeting for the future.