Why choose this programme?
To move from manager to leader, you need to build a solid foundation in financial knowledge to interpret figures and understand what lies behind them.
In this programme, you will achieve a greater understanding of how finances influence your organisation’s strategy, structure, people and systems.
05 & 06 December 2022
Participants have the option to include a micro-accreditation (equivalent to 5 ECTS) qualification to the programme, putting them on the pathway to achieving a Professional Diploma in Management, awarded by UCC. The fee for micro-accreditation is €150.
Understand and Influence
Be able to communicate on financial matters at all levels. Gain a firm grasp of the fundamentals of finance and a new financial vocabulary.
Inform your thinking from a new angle and better influence your organisation’s strategy, structure, people and systems.
Analyse And Control
Better understand and control your organisation’s performance. Spot warning signs and opportunities quicker.
- Accounting principles and financial objectives.
- Understanding annual and management accounts.
- Interpreting the balance sheet.
- Simplifying the operating statement.
- Using ratios.
- Evaluating companies’ performance.
- Managing cash-flow.
- Appraising capital investment.
- Recovering overheads.
- Planning through break-even analysis.
- Costing for decision making.
- Budgeting for the future.