Why choose this programme?
On your marks, get set, think!
Think on Your Feet® introduces the “capsules-of-persuasion” concept – 10 plans that structure your ideas quickly, for impact and persuasion.
The programme will provide you with the skills to answer questions on the spot, to explain complex ideas clearly, and to structure your communications in a professional manner.
10 & 11 May 2021
Think on Your Feet will be delivered via the IMI Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to your desktop. This virtual experience is designed according to the same transformational, learner-centred philosophy that underpins our classroom experience.
Create and organise your ideas quickly so you can make choices in complex situations.
Bring your ideas to life in the minds of others. Get to the point and be remembered.
Present and Persuade
Structure your ideas, presenting them with impact. Persuade your audience that what you say matters.
- Getting to the point and being remembered.
- Presenting your ideas.
- Using handy fall-back techniques when you’re caught off guard.
- Handling questions quickly, clearly and persuasively.
- Avoiding common communication traps.
- Dividing information into facets, aspects or perspectives.
- Bridging from question to answer.
- How to broaden or focus your listener’s perspective.
- Moving two opposing viewpoints to a middle ground.
- Selling the benefits of your ideas, products and services.
- Fleshing out your ideas.
What our graduates say
The programme has given me the structure to take on complex questions and break it down into bite sized chunks. The fact that it allows you to do that quickly and in a structured way means you end up having more real conversations as opposed to management speak. The aims of the programme exceeded my expectations - I came away with essential life and career skills.Gerard HolmesHead of IT Audit, Paddy Power Betfair