You can take the first step towards the Professional Diploma in Digital Leadership through our new micro-credential programme, Driving Digital Innovation, which will award you 5 ECTS and provide you with a bite-sized and flexible pathway to achieving a world-class qualification.
When you embark on the micro-credential journey, you take control of your own development as you update your knowledge in a flexible and customisable way.
This Spring, all of our Professional Diplomas will be delivered in-person at the IMI Campus to facilitate the best learning experience for participants. We will facilitate a hybrid delivery option should you require it.
This Spring 2023, dates are as follows:
22, 23, & 24 March 2023
03, 04 & 05 May 2023
07, 08 & 09 June 2023
12, 13 June 2023
28, 29 & 30 June 2023
18, 19, 20, 21 & 22 September 2023
18, 19 & 20 October 2023
A candidate’s eligibility for each Professional Diploma or the Professional Master of Business Studies will be determined by a combination of their academic qualifications and/or relevant professional experience.
A primary degree from a recognised third-level institution (NFQ level 8), with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours, will typically be required with five years relevant work experience, at least 3 of which must be at managerial level, however, prior workplace learning will be recognised where applicants do not meet the academic requirement.
This experience may come from a general business or organisational background, or experience working at a management level or in the area specifically related to the Diploma.
Each candidate will meet with the Programme Directors, who will interview applicants in person virtually or physically.
The IMI Office of the Registrar will oversee all applications, and the final decision on any application shall remain with the Registrar. All applicants whose first language is not English will be required to show evidence of the successful completion of an IELTS or TOEFL test or equivalent as specified here. The English language requirement when using IELTS is a score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each individual section or equivalent.
Why choose this programme?
Although disruption has always been a constant threat, the rise of digital technologies has accelerated the pace of disruption in practically every industry.
Emerging markets are offset by novel competitors, new technologies create efficiencies while eating into traditional revenue centres, and agile innovation becomes a competitive necessity.
The Professional Diploma in Digital Leadership draws on the latest research and best-practice to give you an integrated view on what it takes to lead during this era of digital disruption.
Tony MoroneyTony is a digital transformation consultant, a member of the Associate Faculty at the IMI and a co-founder of the Digital Transformation Lab @UCC. He is a highly experienced international advisor on digital in respect of strategy, business model innovation and transformation. Tony has an MBA from UCD, a Banking MBA from Bangor University and is a Chartered Fellow of both the Institute of Directors and the Chartered Institute of Marketing. He is a regular commentator on all things digital.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how digital leadership and strategy differ from traditional approaches.
- Assess digital models and frameworks and research techniques that will give you a new lens to formulate organisational strategies.
- Critically evaluate the digital strategies and leadership practices of their own and other organisations.
- Apply digital leadership and strategy tools and techniques to your own organisation’s unique challenges.
- Be able to clearly articulate your digital strategy to stakeholders at all levels – including the boardroom.
- Identify the latest digital trends, technologies, platforms, and business models driving the need for digital transformation of your organisation, appraising likely threats and opportunities.
- Develop the mindset and tactics needed for you and your organisation to be agile in an era of disruption.
- Apply digital disruption and transformation tools to your organisation’s challenges.
- Produce a business case for the further investment and adoption of digital technologies in your own organisation.
- Challenge and disrupt your own thinking and develop new mindsets and behaviours required for an effective digital transformation.
- Assess and deploy models of innovation that you can use to rewire your organisation’s processes, structures, and capabilities.
- Apply design thinking to investigating and implementing change in your own or other organisations.
- Bridge the gap between strategy and execution, bringing new innovations into the core of how your organisation works.
- Conduct a Digital Transformation project that utilises strategic processes, business models and technology opportunities to create an applicable business strategy for your organisation.
Lead from the front. Develop the ability to design and implement processes for the creation and commercialisation of digital innovation.
Maximise the business value of technologies, from processes to platforms. Create data driven strategies and critically analyse the results.
Equip yourself with the tools you need to assess your organisation’s strategy in a landscape where constant innovation is needed for growth.