Teasagc wins IITD Enterprise award
Teagasc, through its People Leadership and Change Strategy, recognised the need to facilitate the development of future and existing leaders. Irish Management Institute (IMI) partnered with Teagasc to develop a programme that focuses on:
- Driving and empowering leadership culture at all levels of the organisation
- Equipping leaders with an excellent understanding of the meaning of their leadership role
- Providing an identifiable set of leadership competencies
- Enabling high autonomy and demonstrated self leadership
- Fostering the belief that they can achieve high impact outcomes for the organisation
Through a series of projects focusing on organisational challenges, the organisation is now improving the effectiveness of the Adviser/Farmer relationship and thereby improving technology transfer and adoption. The programme also achieved improved engagement between advisors and clients and an improvement in communication and collaboration across the geographically dispersed Teagasc teams.
The 2014 IITD Awards for Enterprises is awarded to organisations that have developed an excellent and effective training and development initiative. The resulting initiative must demonstrate good learner outcome and show the added value to their enterprise.