IMI CPD For Managers
Our third workshop in our 2015 series of CPD Workshops for Managers kicks of on Thursday October 22nd, with a session on Positive Psychology and High Performance Teams led by Alan Lyons.
This CPD Workshop will outline the psychology of positive change to address the following 5 chronic problems found in today’s teams:
- A Problem Focus – Consists of a contagious mind-set which seeks to re-enforce what is not working, leading to a breeding ground for cynicism and suspicion.
- Lack of Clarity of Purpose – There is much uncertainty in today’s organisations. Generally, people are not resistant to change, however they tend not to respond well to ‘forced change’ as they do not feel meaningfully involved.
- Low Trust – The impact of working in a low trust environment is crippling – even completing simple tasks can be slow and costly.
- Underutilised Potential – According to a Gallup poll only 20% of people feel like they get to work on what they do best every day in work.
- Poor Execution Systems – There is a tremendous lack of accountability around an organisation’s most important goals, with no clear understanding of the key success indicators.
Participants should leave with a greater insight into how positive psychology can be applied to help your team: Make better productivity choices, Identify and Leverage strengths, Create a rhythm of accountability around the most important goals, Improve communication, collaboration, creativity, innovation and engagement and Increase its ‘trust account’.
Date: 22 October 2015
Time: Registration 8.00am – 8.30am | Workshop 8.30am – 10.00am
Venue: IMI Conference Centre, Sandyford, Dublin 16
Fees: See separate tab.
Registration: Please use the post Registration link to register for this post.
*Registration is not confirmed until payment is received, where applicable.
About IMI CPD
Aimed at mid to senior level managers, our quarterly CPD Workshops and Management Digests are designed to ensure you and your team are constantly refreshing and enhancing your management and leadership know-how. Facilitated by IMI Faculty, our CPD Workshops focus on live Best Practice Management themes. A companion quarterly digest from the IMI Knowledge Centre, highlights the latest management thinking on the theme of the day in an accessible format and ensures you are always up to date with new ideas.