A candidate’s eligibility for each Professional Diploma or the Professional Master of Business Studies will be determined by a combination of their academic qualifications and/or relevant professional experience.
A primary degree from a recognised third-level institution (NFQ level 8), with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours, will typically be required with five years relevant work experience, at least 3 of which must be at managerial level, however, prior workplace learning will be recognised where applicants do not meet the academic requirement.
This experience may come from a general business or organisational background, or experience working at a management level or in the area specifically related to the Diploma.
Each candidate will meet with the Programme Directors, who will interview applicants in person virtually or physically.
The IMI Office of the Registrar will oversee all applications, and the final decision on any application shall remain with the Registrar. All applicants whose first language is not English will be required to show evidence of the successful completion of an IELTS or TOEFL test or equivalent as specified here. The English language requirement when using IELTS is a score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each individual section or equivalent.
Note: A route to the Master of Business Studies in Business Practice or Professional Master of Business is only available to persons who commenced their first Micro-credential or Professional Diploma prior to 1 September 2023, i.e. persons who commence their first Micro-credential or Professional Diploma with IMI on or after September 1 2023 will not have a formal route to a Master of Business Studies in Business Practice or Professional Master of Business with IMI/UCC.
Why choose this programme?
This programme concentrates on empowering and enabling high performance – positioning you to lead from the front in driving your organisation’s future achievements and providing a roadmap to maximise your potential over the years to come.
Through this highly applied and experiential programme, you will develop expertise, tools and insight across a range of contemporary themes that are central to success in a world of ever-greater uncertainty and opportunity. This capstone programme can only be undertaken after taking two Professional Diplomas.
Note: A route to the Master of Business Studies in Business Practice or Professional Master of Business is only available to persons who commenced their first Micro-credential or Professional Diploma prior to 1 September 2023, i.e. if you commence your first Micro-credential or Professional Diploma with IMI on or after September 1 2023 you will not have a formal route to a Master of Business Studies in Business Practice or Professional Master of Business with IMI/UCC.
• Engage and manage stakeholders outside your organisation to strengthen your competitive position.
• Leverage data-driven decision-making to ensure informed choices and position your organisation for various strategic scenarios.
• Navigate geopolitical risk and global megatrends to enable international best practice and fortify your competitive advantage.
• Deploy knowledge-based resources and networks to align organisational purpose with performance.
• Proactively manage risk to navigate crisis and preserve corporate value and reputation.
• Develop organisational agility and resilience to deliver success in a world of volatility and uncertainty.
• Acquire and apply critical management consulting skills to enhance your strategic leadership capabilities.
• Use a structured problem-solving approach to tackle and resolve organisational complexities and dilemmas.
• Lead a developmental organisation focused on high-performance culture and teams and leadership advancement.
What our graduates say
The IMI Master of Business was truly a terrific journey for me both personally and professionally. A different way of learning, especially for very busy people. The style of learning really suited me, hugely supportive lecturers and best in-class speakers. Flexible, innovative and very real diplomas, grounded in my unique business and personal needs. For me personally it gave me a new sense of confidence in my own leadership style together with a new set of skills to enhance how I work every day. Each of the three parts of the Masters knitted together a real blend of what I needed, and also gave me a much broader perspective on other businesses. I developed incredible relationships with my fellow students that will last forever!Carol AndrewsGlobal Head of Client service Delivery, BNY Mellon