- People are clear on the strategic direction of their organisation and what they are expected to deliver and the way in which to deliver it (Role Clarity)
- People understand how their job contributes to the success of his/her department and organisation (Task Identity)
- People understand the positive impact their work has on others within or outside the organization (Task significance)
- People are trusted, empowered and given the right level of autonomy to perform their role (Autonomy)
- People are given enough on the job learning and growth opportunities to improve themselves and achieve their potential (Mastery)
- People receive on-going constructive feedback on performance from customers, colleagues and the manager for development
Can your organisation’s leadership opt out?If so, do they run the risk of their organisation becoming less and less attractive to employees and shareholders? Becoming irrelevant?
What do you think? Would love to hear your views on this blog as well as your thoughts on things / initiatives that can enable the creation of a high performance culture.1“Why Good Strategies Fail: Lessons for the C-Suite,” Economist Intelligence Unit, 2013, http://www.pmi.org/~/media/PDF/Publications/WhyGoodStrategiesFail_Report_EIU_PMI.ashx
IMI Webinar: Plan for Succession, Plan for Success
The need to implement a process to identify and develop future leaders is more pressing that ever.
In this ever-changing business environment, the need to implement a process to identify and develop future leaders is more pressing that ever. Without being able to attract, develop, retain and replace your top talent through a consistent pipeline, you’ll incur costs and inefficiencies across many business areas.
In the 1st webinar of 2018 Pedro Angulo, Programme Director of the IMI Diploma in Strategic HR Management, talks about the identification of high potentials and the imperative for business leaders to better manage these valuable employees, presenting the business case for succession management and highlighting the cost of doing it poorly…or not at all.
IMI Custom Solutions
If you are looking to create a succession strategy in your organisation, contact the IMI Custom Solutions team to start the conversation. Click here to contact the team.